The HIP is sponsored by the Department of Defense (DOD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program and provides undergraduate and graduate students, majoring in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields, internship opportunities to gain exposure to and experience with high end computing (HEC) by working under the mentorship of scientists and engineers at DoD facilities across the nation.
Interns will be paired with DoD mentors for a 10-week research experience starting on or around March 29, 2023.
Interns will receive a stipend typically based on academic standing, experience, and research facility location. Other benefits include a relocation allowance to cover some initial incidental costs and reimbursement for travel to/from the duty station at the start/ conclusion of the internship.
Intern Eligibility Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- 18 years or older at the time of application
- STEM discipline major
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Doctoral Degree received within the last 60 months or currently pursuing (varies by opportunity posting)
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Note: Applicants should be able to pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) security investigation should they be selected and accept the internship offer
- Zintellect Profile
- Educational and Employment History
- Essay Questions (goals, experiences, and skills relevant to the opportunity)
- Resume (PDF)
- Transcripts/Academic Records (official transcript or copy of the student academic records)
- One recommendation. (Recommenders will be asked to rate prospective intern’s scientific capabilities, and personal characteristics and to describe how they know the applicant via website).